Handcrafted. Family Owned.
Serving Santa Cruz, Monterey & San Francisco Bay Area
The Redwood Patio is a purveyor of fine handcrafted American redwood furniture and garden products built by esteemed craftsman Cal Pierce.
Family owned and operated, The Redwood Patio produces fine redwood furniture and garden products for indoors and outdoors. It all started when Cal Pierce of Aptos, California began milling redwood lumber for Judy Crawford of Timber Ridge Ranch. The quality redwood that was being produced inspired Cal to make a coffee table right out of his barn. It was clear to Cal’s eldest daughter, Sabrina that there was something artistic, rustic, and bold about this first piece of furniture. Cal’s family started flooding him with furniture inspiration. More pieces were developed, and then pieces created collections. Enthused, Sabrina proposed the opening of The Redwood Patio.
Our furniture is:
- built out of solid two by fours and two by sixes. This creates a sturdy and durable product that customers will be able to rely on.
- built out of solid heart redwood, which, “among common softwoods no other softwood is better rated against freedom from shrinkage, freedom warping, and of course, decay resistance1.” With all these advantages, redwood is clearly the best choice for wooden outdoor patio furniture.
- preassembled. Customers will not have the hassle of assembly, and will be able to enjoy their planters right away. Because we assemble with rustproof decking screws, not simple staples, our planters will stay assembled and not crumble under the weight of soil and water.
- stained and sealed with a high quality product that protects from the elements and adds an attractive finish.
Our planters are:
- not stained on the inside to allow for organic gardening. Our product is rustic and natural; there are no dangerous plastics and chemicals that will interact with the plants.
- designed for comfortable and stress free planting. Because they are raised, this allows gardeners to enjoy tending to their plants without kneeling or uncomfortable bending. There is no need for gardeners to worry about gophers because they are elevated. Drain lines in the bottom of each planter allow excess water to channel through, preventing the over saturation of soil.